Re: Zabbix feature review request

Good observation!  For a situation where the tenant for each cloud were
the same, that would certainly make sense, yes.  Perhaps that should even
be the default if it doesn’t impact the abilities of the Fuel Master node.
 I.e. install the Zabbix server on the Fuel Node by default and the Zabbix
agents pointing back to the Fuel Master Node by default.  If the operator
decides that a given environment needs its own dedicated Zabbix server,
the operator could add a role on an existing node, or a standalone node,
for a Zabbix server and all agents in the environment would then point to
that deployed server.  Then the URL for the deployed Zabbix server would
properly appear when the environment were opened.

In answer to your question, though; were a service provider (or large IT
organization) to create clouds for its customers, it may make more sense
to provide a monitoring service that the customer could draw from
independently of other customers.  Or in instances where the clouds are
highly separated from each other in terms of data content or internal
departments.  By creating a Zabbix server per environment, this would
address issues of ensuring isolation of access and data.

Thanks,

- David J. Easter
  Product Line Manager