MongoDB integration meeting notes

Guys

We had a MongoDB integration meeting today and that;s what we discussed
ordered by priority.

Overall list of things to be done:

1) High: Finish work on puppet manifests:
             replicaset connection
             fix admin user rights
2) High: Check nailgun disk allocation in case of role combination
3) High: Use the following scheme for disk allocation
             floor(n-1/2) for combined roles
             n-1 for mongo-only node
4) Medium: use striped LVM/mdraid for mongo nodes - (the same for ceph)
5) High: UI:
             role-setting dependencies -> rebase mongo UI role request
             1-disk mongo node should raise caution of non-production
scenario
6) Medium: perform I/O tuning for filesystem (the same for ceph?):
    a) deadline scheduler
    b) common high-performance mount options (noatime, barriers=0,
commit=600, journal=writeback)
7) Low: SSD-disks are preferrable

These changes are to be reflected in the
blueprint<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/mongodb-fuel-integration>drafted
by Max Mazur.

Please, provide your input or feedback if you have any.

--
Yours Faithfully,
Vladimir Kuklin,

Follow ups