Feature freeze

Hi all,
we are delayed with feature freeze which was planned for 9th of April. We
still have a number of features to merge, which are "must" for 5.0. We also
need to release before design summit starts which is 12th of May.

To avoid a situation, when we have a number of things merged in one hour
with breaking ISO, we propose to define different dates for feature freeze.
So these dates are considered last day when we can land the code of a
feature into master:

   1. Upgrade to RabbitMQ v.3 -  April, 12th
   2. Integration of MongoDB database into
fuel<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/mongodb-fuel-integration>
-
   April, 15th
   3. Support to deploy compute nodes using VMware
hypervisor<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/fuel-vmware-hypervisor>
-
   April, 16th
   4. Monitoring of Openstack
services<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/monitoring-system>
-
   April, 14th
   5. Patch (minor fixes) to
OpenStack<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/patch-openstack>
-
   April, 14th
   6. REST API should be freezed together with upgrades
implementation<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/nailgun-rest-api-freeze-v1>
-
   April, 14th
   7. Support multiple networks per
cluster<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/multiple-cluster-networks>
-
   April, 14th
   8. Patch or upgrade
Fuel<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/fuel-upgrade> -
   April, 20th
   9. Single Controller
HA<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/single-controller-ha> -
   April, 11th

All other features which didn't get merged by 8pm UTC time today, 11 of
April, should be considered out of 5.0. Please don't merge features after
this time, unless they are part of the list above.

Please respond ASAP if you consider something which must become a part of
the list above, but there is should be a very good reason for that. Keep in
mind, that we also have a ton of bugs to solve...

A few more dates to consider, because of the shift in feature freeze dates:
April, 25 - soft code freeze
April, 29 - hard code freeze
~ May 10th - release date, after acceptance testing phase

In a first priority we keep working on bringing up Icehouse support.
Expectation is that it appears more or less working in master no later than
by US morning on 14th.

Core reviewers, with merge rights, please keep rules enforced. Once we
agree on the strategy, please don't step aside unless it's discussed here
and we are all in agreement.

Thanks,
--
Mike Scherbakov