Re: Fuelmenu workflow bug #1314224 discussion

We can't load these kernel parameters in because the system already
rebooted out of anaconda and those were only set one time during install.

Exit without saving will have negative effects if the user makes changes,
saves them, then exits without saving. What if I switched PXE interface to
eth2, then save, then exit without saving? It will reset PXE interface to
eth0 and break deployment.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Aleksandr Didenko
<adidenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think we should either "load" kernel parameters into Fuel menu instead
> of hardcoded defaults, or run "--save-only" if user chooses "Exit without
> saving" (so it behave exactly the same way as if user did not enter
> fuelmenu at all). The bottom line is that Fuel menu should not break/reset
> settings passed via kernel parameters if we exit without saving.
>

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Matthew Mosesohn <mmosesohn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Forgot to include bug link: https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1314224
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Matthew Mosesohn <
>> mmosesohn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Fuelers!
>>>
>>> I was wondering if you guys had some input on this dilemma. If you
>>> deploy Fuel master node and do the following steps, your astute.yaml config
>>> will be wrong:
>>> 1 - Boot from ISO
>>> 2 - Modify network parameters inside isolinux prompt
>>> 3 - Install and enter Fuelmenu