Re: [Fuel][Mellanox] Qemu version to use in Mellanox Fuel integration

Hello Aviram,

Since this question raised a couple of times, I feel the necessity to
clear the situation with the emulator version:
- 0.12.x from RHEL, e.g. stock one, has a known bugs with the rbd
backend whose support is critical for Fuel
- in the second major Fuel release with official Ubuntu support there
was 1.0 as in-distro version for 12.04 and 1.5 from backports, neither
first of second was known for flawless work with the rbd.
- we decided to use 1.2 in both distros for a meantime, because all
features requested by end-users was presented in this version and it
was more or less stable and known to work well.

Right now, Fuel team receives a couple of requests for version bumping
for the emulator because of lack of features or allowance to use
RedHat` version (which is more closely to 1.2 that to 0.12 by number
of backported features). Probably the next major version which will be
introduced in Fuel is 1.6, because it`s marked as stable and I am not
aware of any bugs specific to this version. RH version is probably not
an option due to lack of proper rbd backend support and disabled PCI
hotplug, which is necessary for some part of OpenStack workflow. Since
there are national holidays in Russia, where most of team is
presented, I think that they can make a decision at a week scale.
Unfortunately replacing key component such as virtualization emulator
in the virtualization solution cannot be done in a matter of days, but
I suppose that the Fuel CI can push a button releasing separate
branched repository for testing with new version of emulator/roms in a
very short time.