Re: Boot MOS 5.0 does not complete successfully

Greetings Gandhi,

Yes, all correct.
When you install MOS, first time it boots from ISO image or from CD/DVD/USB
and deploys CentOS as master node operating system.

After that, it ejects ISO and performs first time boot from HDD. (Please
check if Hard Drive or proper RAID array is set as first boot device on
master node).

During the first boot it asks if you want to customize network settings and
continue installation. First boot usually takes about 0.5 hour, and it is
on fast SSD drive. So, with HDD drive Fuel 5.0 master node first boot and
installation may easily take more than hour.
4.x installation goes faster, since it does not deploys every component
into isolated container.
So, to answer on your question #9 - actual installation happens on first
reboot, after the CD/DVD is ejected.

Master node is always deployed with Centos, while it has ability to install
Ubuntu to OpenStack nodes. You don't need to change Centos or Ubuntu during
the master node installation.
You should change which operating system to use during the new OpenStack
environment creation, after the master node is installed.

And to the last question -
No, MOS 5.0 does not set PXE boot to first priority. Master node is the
only node which needs HDD or RAID as first priority boot device.
Other nodes (OpenStack ones) require PXE to be set to first boot device,
but not the master node.

Kind regards,
Miroslav

--

*Kind Regards*

*Miroslav Anashkin**L2 support engineer**,*
*Mirantis Inc.*
*+7(495)640-4944 (office receptionist)*
*+1(650)587-5200 (office receptionist, call from US)*
*35b, Bld. 3, Vorontsovskaya St.*
*Moscow**, Russia, 109147.*

www.mirantis.com

manashkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx