Re: Slave nodes are not discovering in Fuel UI

Greetings Gandhi,

Yes, it is known issue, it happens due to the #2 (missing firmware) and
there is workaround:
http://docs.mirantis.com/fuel/fuel-5.0/release-notes.html#known-issues-in-mirantis-openstack-5-0
Bootstrap kernel issues on certain hardware

The bootstrap image shipped with Mirantis OpenStack is based on a 3.10
kernel with firmware built from the in-kernel tree. This can lead to issues
with some hardware configurations, (including some Dell R410/R610s
servers). See LP1323354 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1323354> for
details. As a workaround, use bootstrap image with 2.6 kernel
<http://9f2b43d3ab92f886c3f0-e8d43ffad23ec549234584e5c62a6e24.r60.cf1.rackcdn.com/bootstrap-5.0-kernel-2.6.zip>.
Copy the downloaded zip archive to the Fuel master node

scp bootstrap-5.0-kernel-2.6.zip root@10.20.0.2:/root/

 Log in to Fuel master node and run the following commands to install new
bootstrap:

cd /root/
yum -y install unzip
unzip bootstrap-5.0-kernel-2.6.zip
cp -b linux /var/www/nailgun/bootstrap/
chmod +x /var/www/nailgun/bootstrap/linux
chmod -w /var/www/nailgun/bootstrap/linux
cp -b initramfs.img /var/www/nailgun/bootstrap/
cobbler sync

 Note

Existing bootstrap files will be renamed to linux~ and initramfs.img~.

To apply changes to already bootstrapped nodes, simply reboot the affected
nodes to boot with the 2.6 kernel.
Kind regards,
Miroslav

--

*Kind Regards*

*Miroslav Anashkin**L2 support engineer**,*
*Mirantis Inc.*
*+7(495)640-4944 (office receptionist)*
*+1(650)587-5200 (office receptionist, call from US)*
*35b, Bld. 3, Vorontsovskaya St.*
*Moscow**, Russia, 109147.*

www.mirantis.com

manashkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx