Re: Slave nodes are not discovering in Fuel UI

For #2, there is a workaround in the release notes that may address the
issue:

http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-5.0/release-notes.html
Bootstrap kernel issues on certain hardware
The bootstrap image shipped with Mirantis OpenStack is based on a 3.10
kernel with firmware built from the in-kernel tree. This can lead to issues
with some hardware configurations, (including some Dell R410/R610s servers).
See LP1323354 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1323354>  for details.
As a workaround, use bootstrap image with 2.6 kernel
<http://9f2b43d3ab92f886c3f0-e8d43ffad23ec549234584e5c62a6e24.r60.cf1.rackcd
n.com/bootstrap-5.0-kernel-2.6.zip> . Copy the downloaded zip archive to the
Fuel master node
scp bootstrap-5.0-kernel-2.6.zip root@10.20.0.2:/root/
Log in to Fuel master node and run the following commands to install new
bootstrap:
cd /root/
yum -y install unzip
unzip bootstrap-5.0-kernel-2.6.zip
cp -b linux /var/www/nailgun/bootstrap/
chmod +x /var/www/nailgun/bootstrap/linux
chmod -w /var/www/nailgun/bootstrap/linux
cp -b initramfs.img /var/www/nailgun/bootstrap/
cobbler sync
Note

Existing bootstrap files will be renamed to linux~ and initramfs.img~.
To apply changes to already bootstrapped nodes, simply reboot the affected
nodes to boot with the 2.6 kernel.
Thanks,

- David J. Easter
  Director of Product Management, Mirantis