Re: VMs are not getting IP address

Greetings, Gandhi,

Could you please provide us a diagnostic snapshot, containing your new
OpenStack configuration?

Please also provide us VM (instance) ID of one of the instances, which
fails to get IP address, it should make search through the logs easier.

Kind regards,
Miroslav

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Gandhirajan Mariappan (CW) <
gmariapp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Fuel Dev,
>

> *Issue :* IP address is not getting assigned to the created VMs
>

> *Steps followed:*
>
> 1.       Connected eth0(Public), eth1(Admin PXE) and eth2(Private,
> Storage, Management) to VCS device and deployed environment through Fuel UI
>
> 2.       Since VCS ports connected to eth1 ports of the nodes are
> configured as Access VLANs and eth2 ports are configured as Trunk VLANs, we
> have given new connection i.e., eth3 of nodes are connected to VCS device
>
> 3.       Now we configured VCS ports which are connected to eth3 as
> Port-profile-port, which is the expected configuration for Brocade VCS
> plugin to work.
>

> *Expected Answer:*
>
> After creating VMs, IP address should be assigned automatically.
>

> *Suspect:*
>
> We suspect configurations mentioned in below section might be the problem
> for this issue but we are not sure about it. Kindly confirm us whether is
> there any other problem in the configuration or is this an issue. Also,
> confirm us whether br-eth3 will populate below lines if we redeploy the
> environment.
>

> *Port “phy-br-eth3”*
>
> *   Interface “phy-br-eth3”*
>

> *Configurations:*
>
> Below are the openVswitch configuration we had in our another Icehouse
> setup. Highlighted are the lines, which we are expecting to be present in
> Mirantis setup as well.
>

> *Local Ice House setup – Controller node:*
>
> [root@rhel7-41-110 ~]# ovs-vsctl show
>
> b1ba2ad0-d40a-4193-b3d9-4b5e0196dfbd
>
>     Bridge br-ex
>
>         Port br-ex
>
>             Interface br-ex
>
>                 type: internal
>
>     Bridge "br-eth1"
>
>         Port "eth1"
>
>             Interface "eth1"
>
>         Port "br-eth1"
>
>             Interface "br-eth1"
>
>                 type: internal
>
>         Port "phy-br-eth1"
>
>             Interface "phy-br-eth1"
>
>     Bridge br-int
>
>         Port br-int
>
>             Interface br-int
>
>                 type: internal
>
>         Port "int-br-eth1"
>
>             Interface "int-br-eth1"
>
>     ovs_version: "2.0.0"
>

> *Mirantis Setup – Controller Node:*
>
> root@node-18:~# ovs-vsctl show
>
> 583bdc4f-52d0-493a-8d51-a613a4da6c9a
>
>     Bridge "br-eth2"
>
>         Port "br-eth2"
>
>             Interface "br-eth2"
>
>                 type: internal
>
>         Port "br-eth2--br-storage"
>
>             tag: 102
>
>             Interface "br-eth2--br-storage"
>
>                 type: patch

>         Port "br-eth2--br-mgmt"
>
>             tag: 101
>
>             Interface "br-eth2--br-mgmt"
>
>                 type: patch

>         Port "eth2"
>
>             Interface "eth2"
>
>         Port "br-eth2--br-prv"

> [...]

*Kind Regards*

*Miroslav Anashkin**L2 support engineer**,*
*Mirantis Inc.*
*+7(495)640-4944 (office receptionist)*
*+1(650)587-5200 (office receptionist, call from US)*
*35b, Bld. 3, Vorontsovskaya St.*
*Moscow**, Russia, 109147.*

www.mirantis.com

manashkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx