VMs are not getting IP address

Hi Fuel-Dev,

We are done with the MOS Ice House deployment, also we are done installing Brocade ML2 VCS plugin. When we run health check below 3 checks were failing.

Failed checks:

1.       Check DNS resolution on compute node

2.       Check network connectivity from instance via floating IP

3.       Check stack autoscaling

Controller and compute node couldn't ping google.com since the nameserver couldn't resolve hostname. Andrey suggested us to change nameserver in /etc/resolve.conf, after changing nameserver #Check 1 is passed. Andrey mentioned the other 2 failed checks will not impact our plugin testing.

We tried to create network and VM, we were able to create network and Virtual machine but those Virtual machines couldn't get IP address.

Topology and configuration details:

Both controller and compute node's eth3 is connected to VDX device so, I have configured bridge mapping as "bridge_mappings = physnet1:br-eth3".

Configuration in /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini
[ml2]
tenant_network_types = vlan
type_drivers = vlan
mechanism_drivers = openvswitch,brocade

[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges = physnet1:400:500

[securitygroup]
enable_security_group = True
firewall_driver = neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver

[database]
connection = mysql://neutron:password@192.168.0.3:3306/neutron_ml2?read_timeout=60

[ovs]
tenant_network_type = vlan