Re: FUEL feature request(--no-op or --dry-run)

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Vladimir Sharshov <vsharshov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> For development and debugging propose it would be nice if Fuel can perform
> all deployment steps without actually deploy it:
>
>    1. provisioning;
>    2. pre deployment steps (sync repositories and puppet modules,
>    generate and upload ssh keys, sync time);
>    3. upload Astute.yaml for each role (and support multi roles case).

I doubt, that dry-run functionality should be in UI. I can't imagine
corresponded use-case.

I.e. we should implement this only for CLI.

Provisioning we already has in CLI.
Also we already has deployment functionality by CLI. A think will be better
implement this feature as --prepare-env option for node command.
Typical workflow looks like:

# fuel --env 1 node --provision --node 3,4
# fuel --env 1 deployment --default
edit some config files
# fuel --env 1 deployment --upload
# fuel --env 1 node --prepare-env --node 3,4
do anything on some nodes
# fuel --env 1 node --deploy --node 3

/sv