g60-g70 team mailing list archive

Re: Video Card drivers

thank you very much for the information. I have to wait until later to mess with it,
but if I find anything interesting I will let you know.

Adam

Albert Vilella wrote:
Hi Adam,

There has been a recent update to the Intel drivers, but I am not sure if those are in any distribution to try:
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/

Maybe the latest Ubuntu Karmic?

Also, you can do some playing around with different options. Because the whole graphics infrastructure has almost been completely reworked in Linux, there is a lot of new code that hasn't solidified yet. See for example:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/UxaTesting

For a very very useful reference reading, see:
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/the_new_xorg_features
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/xorgs_x_window_innovation_its_not_all_about_graphics

Cheers,

    Albert.