geda-admins team mailing list archive

Re: [geda-user] Thoughts on mechanical CAD interaction...

On 2013-08-30 13:20, Peter TB Brett wrote:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 13:49:17 +0200, Markus Hitter <mah@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did quite a number of rebases in
the central repo and so far I'm not aware of a single conflict caused
by this.

Why does Markus have non-fast-forward push access to any gEDA repositories in the first place? He's not (and never has been) on the gEDA admins team!

I wasn't aware you could restrict --force, but I do agree it would be useful to do.

(I'll admit I've rescued a few stupid mistakes with it, usually within about a 5-minute window of the original problem).

In general though, I don't resent people having access to the repository, as in the absence of any more active maintainers, it seems like denying it would be encouraging a far quicker death of the project.