geda-admins team mailing list archive

Re: git.geda-project.org permissions change

And the expected drama ensues... *sigh*

Markus Hitter <mah@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Am 08.09.2013 um 20:07 schrieb Peter TB Brett:
>
>> I've now changed the default git push policy for all repos on
>> geda-project.org:
>>
>> - @admins have the ability to git push and git push --force
>>
>> - Other developers have the ability to git push only.
>
> Does this apply to the pcb repo and all the branches in there, too?

Yes.  It's a change to the default setting; maintainers are welcome to
adopt different settings on a project-by-project basis.  In the case of
PCB, that would be DJ Delorie and/or Peter Clifton. [1]

> If yes, I consider this to be a severe privilege misuse and active
> prohibition of the workflow happening in the pcb repo for the last two
> years.

I'm very sorry to hear that you feel that way.

> If you're so keen on getting rid of me and my work, please be honest
> say so directly. Undoubtly you won't be able to force me into a less
> effective and more error-prone wrokflow just to satisfy your personal
> taste.

Who said anything about getting rid of you or your work?

Beruhige dich, bitte.

                                       Peter

[1] I notice that you decided *not* to quote the relevant part of my
original e-mail when you decided to whinge to geda-user:

Peter TB Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> This can be adjusted by specific projects' maintainers if they wish, in
> order to better suit the desired git workflow for their projects.

But I suppose that would have made it harder to shout, "Help, help, I'm
being oppressed!"

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>