New configuration system API: review requested

Hi folks,

I've been working on the low-level API for a new, parsed configuration
system for gEDA, intended to be merged post-1.8.0. It is designed to help
applications which don't include a Scheme interpreter to correctly load
gEDA schematics, and to remove the current security vulnerabilities
associated with executing arbitrary code found in a project directory.

I would appreciate a review of the implementation of the low-level API,
both in C and in Scheme. The specification document can be found in
docs/specifications/config-api.txt; there are also full Doxygen comments,
although the Scheme API Info manual still needs updating.

Once this has been reviewed, I will begin work on porting existing rc file
parameters to use the new API.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/geda/+spec/config-sys-api
https://github.com/peter-b/geda-gaf/tree/config-sys

Thanks in advance!