Re: New configuration system API: review requested

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 09:38:28PM +0000, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> I would appreciate a review of the implementation of the low-level API,
> both in C and in Scheme. The specification document can be found in
> docs/specifications/config-api.txt; there are also full Doxygen comments,
> although the Scheme API Info manual still needs updating.
>
> Once this has been reviewed, I will begin work on porting existing rc file
> parameters to use the new API.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/geda/+spec/config-sys-api
> https://github.com/peter-b/geda-gaf/tree/config-sys

I've given it a look and left a few comments on github, both on the
specification and the C implementation (github really made this easy, certainly
easier than I expected, though one can hope for better quoting support).

I've not yet looked at the Scheme part, but the C part looks great.
One thing that's missing, though, is the notification freeze/thaw mechanism.

--
Ivan Stankovic, pokemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm";