Re: [RFC] libgeda data structures and algorithms

On Sunday 16 December 2012 12:38:02 Edward Hennessy wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2012, at 10:18 AM, Ivan Stankovic wrote:
> > So far I only implemented EdaObject, EdaPage, EdaNet and EdaPin and
> > I'm able to load very simple schematics. Attributes willl be
> > perhaps the most work, but even that should be relatively
> > straightforward. Every object emits an event when something
> > interesting happens, such as adding or removing an object to/from a
> > page, rotating an object etc.
> >
> > [snip]
>
> I did the same thing in the component manager. In the git repository
> for the component manager, there are the following sources:
>
> geom-* : Boxed types representing all the primitives.
> sch-*  : GObject types representing all the GOBJECTs in gEDA.
>
> These portions of the code are decoupled well, and anyone is welcome
> to use them.

Hi Ed,

I had a brief look at the code. This seems to be a good approach, and as
you suggested, using the GBoxed geometry types as properties of the
actual schematic objects (or would it be better to call them schematic
elements?) makes good sense to allow the use of the "notify" event.

If we adapted the component manager code for Ivan's libeda stuff, how
would you suggest naming the boxed types for an "Eda" prefix?
"EdaGeomFoo"?

Ivan, what do you think of this?

                                            Peter

--