Re: Future

On Dec 18, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> 1) Use whichever tools / languages / libraries will let us get something
>   working fastest.  If that means using Vala, GObject & Clutter, so be
>   it.  If it makes better sense to use C++ & Qt, that's fine too.  Yes,
>   the same goes for file formats.

May also want to put C# on the list. For developer productivity, it is
outstanding. Things to look at are LINQ, parallel extensions, and
the generic containers with enumerables. I'm still on the fence with the
asynchronous methods. These are some of my favorites:

- functions returning an IEnumerable<T> using yield return/break;
- Parallel.foreach
- container extensions, such as ConvertAll, Select, Find, OrderBy, etc...

At a glance, Mono may have many of these features implemented.

Cheers,
Ed