Reverting revert changes...

Hi All,

Just FYI, I've unwound git HEAD so the revert is not there at the
moment. I want to discuss the strategy some more before "committing" to
a plan.

A (modified) version of the revert is in the _TEMPORARY_ branch:
_reverted_config_migration. The modification adjusts the commit message
to better reflect the status of the code. (It is in better shape than I
initially thought w.r.t. migration path to the new config).

One (of a couple) of possible options for continuing the config API work
in a separate branch is in the _TEMPORARY_ branch:
_config_api_migration_option1

An important feature on that branch is the "ours" merge from after the
revert which allows future merging from git HEAD onto the branch without
merging the revert in as well.

Another (perhaps cleaner) option is to rebase the config stuff onto the
tip of git HEAD, and I'll push this as _config_api_migration_option2.

Since I've now rediscovered the "ours" merge, my main objection to
reverting the config stuff on a stable-1.10 series branch is gone (we
can "ours" merge back to HEAD after the revert, thus allowing merging
stable series fixes without getting the revert.)

--
Peter Clifton <peter.clifton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Clifton Electronics

Follow ups