Re: gEDA git repository usage (was: Thoughts on mechanical CAD interaction...)

Hi Markus,

You seem to have many, um... interesting and unorthodox ideas about how to
maintain a public git repository.  They do, however, fly in the face of
just about all established best practice in git usage and indeed
configuration management in general. (I should know about best practice in
git; I have been using it continuously since 2005, introduced git-based
development in gEDA in mid-2006, and was actually the first person ever to
attempt to port it to Cygwin).

Since you currently only commit to pcb, I presumably don't need to worry
about you attempting to apply your ideas to the geda-gaf package any time
soon?

Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett