Re: gEDA git repository usage

Am 30.08.2013 18:52, schrieb Peter TB Brett:

> You seem to have many, um... interesting and unorthodox ideas about how to
> maintain a public git repository.

Actually it's what I've learned from the Wine folks, Git developers
teaching Git and what pcb does for 3 years now:

- Kai-Martin Knaak bringing in the LP1035979 branch,
- Peter Clifton first rebasing his split_find_colouring branch to
master, then merging in December 2012,
- Andrew Poelstra, Peter Clifton and others doing the nanometer
conversion in the second half of 2011.

pcbs' repo has an almost linear history over the last 1300 commits.

> Since you currently only commit to pcb, I presumably don't need to worry
> about you attempting to apply your ideas to the geda-gaf package any time
> soon?

If leaving geda-gaf alone also means pcb can continue with what it does,
I'm fine :-)

Markus

--
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter