Re: [geda-user] Revert "Reset refdes number to the question mark when parts are copied"

On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:49 AM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 2013-09-08 at 09:23 -0700, Edward Hennessy wrote:
>
>> Do you intend to check your script in, so the functionality is present in
>> geda-gaf, and the user can select it in a configuration file?
>

> I'll attach it to the bug, but currently do not have the time to add it
> to the build. (TBH, I need to make sure it still _works_ after all the
> scheme API work).

If one of the scheme experts adds it at some point in the near future,
that would be much appreciated.

It seems to me that the function to reset the refdes belongs in libgeda,
but should be called from the scheme hook instead of the gschem source
code. This way, the functionality is both configurable and the gaf
command line tool could use the functionality in the future to reset
all refdes for a schematic.

For this outcome, only the code in o_buffer.c could be reverted.

Cheers,
Ed