Re: [geda-user] Revert "Reset refdes number to the question mark when parts are copied"

Edward Hennessy <ehennes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:49 AM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2013-09-08 at 09:23 -0700, Edward Hennessy wrote:
>>
>>> Do you intend to check your script in, so the functionality is present in
>>> geda-gaf, and the user can select it in a configuration file?
>>

>> I'll attach it to the bug, but currently do not have the time to add it
>> to the build. (TBH, I need to make sure it still _works_ after all the
>> scheme API work).
>

> If one of the scheme experts adds it at some point in the near future,
> that would be much appreciated.

I'm not going to be able to get to it for at least a week because I'll
be on holiday.

> It seems to me that the function to reset the refdes belongs in libgeda,
> but should be called from the scheme hook instead of the gschem source
> code. This way, the functionality is both configurable and the gaf
> command line tool could use the functionality in the future to reset
> all refdes for a schematic.

The gaf command line tool can already access all Scheme code in the
library (via `gaf shell').

                  Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>