Re: What are you working on, and if you could get help what would it be with?

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Vladimir Zhbanov <vzhbanov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 04:17:07PM +0000, Evan Foss wrote:
>> A while back I had a thread on the geda-user list that was "developer
>> excitement? was Re: [geda-user] gEDA/gschem still alive?" The result
>> was more a list of what users want than what developers are excited
>> by. It unintentionally wrote off anything people were already actively
>> working on.
>>
>> I might have been asking the right question but in the wrong place.
>> Possibly both parts of that threads execution were flawed. Ether way I
>> see some traffic on the git so the question is what larger thing are
>> people working too?
>>
>> It is clear to me that the windows port needs testing but there are
>> obviously other things that could be helped.
>
> I want to make a new geda-gaf release. However, despite of having
> holidays, plastering the room of my oldest son and reading all those
> fruitless discussions on the geda-user list stop me from doing this just
> now.

No worries I am over committed too.

> Then... I don't know. To many things I want to do. Probably, the bug-fix
> release thereafter :)
>
> I'm thinking of bumping gtk+ version, adding my some long-standing
> scripts to the repo, refactoring all geda-gaf programs to be reusable
> modules, adding some docs to the wiki, continuing wiki translation into
> Russian, etc. etc. :)

What were your thoughts about modularity?

Regarding geda-gaf and gtk+ I think we need to be more modular so that
changes in gtk+ require less of a rewrite.

> Cheers,
>   Vladimir
>
> P.S. Sorry for delay

No worries. Only at work do I ever expect people to dance to my tune.

Evan