getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Re: Need some feedback on bug 288232

Peter van der Does wrote:
I'm working on the implementation of bug #288232 Frontpage should only
show latest version, and I want to see what you guys think.

Current situation:
The field available in gd_app_release is default set to 'y' and only
when the file check in update_fs.php fails it is set to 'n'.
This means all releases are set to available.
The update_fs.php also updates all the previous files sizes.

What I like to do:
Set the default value of available to 'n' and only when the file check
in update_fs.php passes the value will be changed to 'y' and
the previous release will be set to 'n'.
This means that the field available is used as the parameter for
showing the latest version only as the SQL in home.php filter on
available='y'.
I also would like to change the update_fs.php to only update/check the
committed release. I would like to do this by
adding ?r1=rel_id&r2=rel_id r1 is the i386 release id and r2 is the
amd64 release id.

As far as I can see we never offer the previous releases on any other
place as the main page and not offering them there is what this "bug"
is about.

What do you guys think of this solution.