getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Re: Intrepid Ready

Marko Oreskovic wrote:
Peter van der Does wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:46:36 +0100
João Luís Marques Pinto <joao.pinto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
as planned the 8.10 RC was released yesterday, the ABS is now setup
to build for Intrepid.

Does this mean we're not building for Hardy anymore even though Hardy
is a LTS release?

I am thinking about continuing support for 8.04 LTS.
I am still in a phase of begining to include myself in the process at getdeb but I have a fairly good will to make new packages for 8.04, since I think I would stay on LTS for a while.

Hello Marko, thanks for joining the list.
A have a few questions:
Until which phase are you planning to keep with LTS? It does not make sense to provide support for just a few months, if we keep updating Hardy then it should be at least until Ubuntu 9.04 RC . Would you be able to try to build most of the packages or you just have interest for a minimal set of packages ?

Thanks

--
João Luís Marques Pinto
GetDeb Team Leader