getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Re: Archive anomalies

Peter van der Does wrote:
I received a private email from Emilio with the following remark:

Another possibility is to make apache automatically gunzip them, if serving them is what matters more.

and that made me think.

When I disable Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate in Firefox, the files
came through normally. So it's either me or a server configuration
error.

Thanks Emilio :)

Hello Peter,
I have recently enabled the mod_deflate module on apache2 for general page compression, there is a rule to exclude certain extensions but I only had the image extensions there.
I have extended the list it with .gz and .deb, it should be fine now.

Thanks

--
João Luís Marques Pinto
GetDeb Team Leader