getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Re: Moving to an APT repository - Request For Comments

João Luís Marques Pinto wrote:
When a user clicks on APT url he may have the repositories cached info update, this would make it install an older version than the one displayed on the web page, to enture the user will install the latest version we are passing a special flag to the apt-url that forces it to do an APT cache update before requesting the package install, to enforce this we also need an option added to the users apt config: Acquire::Mirror::RefreshInterval "0"; , by default APT does not refresh the info for a default defined interval (don't have the valuer right now).
Please ignore the "Acquire::Mirror::RefreshInterval" config change, this interval is specific to the mirror:// method that we used for playdeb, with Jaunty we will use a regular http method which will result in an http redirect to an archive mirror, but we will still be forcing all repositories to be checked for updates when clicking on the apt-urls .

--
João Luís Marques Pinto
GetDeb Team Leader