gma500 team mailing list archive

Re: Gma500 drivers for Natty,

Hi Maarten!

for Natty we have:

PSB: Works; 2D = ok, 3D = ok, Xv = acceptable, vaapi = ok; necessary hack:
OId kernel from Maverick and Old DRM from Natty (libdrmxxx-ubuntu3)
PSB-GFX: only KMS framebuffer, no X drivers.. we should wait kernel .39 for
updates
EMGD: Works; 2D = ok, 3D = ok, Xv = ok, vaapi = broken; necessary hack:
Incompatible with new Xorg (requires 1.9 from maverick)
IEGD: Supports even only much older Xorg.
fbdev: Works; 2D = ok, 3D = ok but slow, Xv = acceptable, vaapi = not
possible; necessary hack: grub915 resolution fix (look at wiki alternative
drivers)

Luca