gnome-zeitgeist-users team mailing list archive

Re: Patch to installation

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your patch and for packaging GNOME
Activity Journal for Fedora.

The translations and GConf schema are installed automatically by
python-distutils-extra, and the shell script approach doesn't really
make any sense (if we were going to hardcode the path we can just do
that in the executable itself, the whole point of the symlink is not
having to hardcode anything).

The changed path for the .schemas in setup.cfg points to "/usr/etc"
instead of "/etc"; the installation prefix is automatically added to
it (using "/etc/gconf/schemas" (with a slash at the start) may work
but I can't say for sure). In any case I'd like to keep this as
/usr/share, you could use sed to replace it in the package creation
script (if rpm supports arbitrary commands, I'm only familiar with
Debian packaging).

I'll look into getting ride of the symlinks.

Cheers,

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3