gnome-zeitgeist-users team mailing list archive

TaskTracer and Zeitgeist

Hi all,

When I was an undergrad at Oregon State University (about 4 years ago)
I was working on a project called TaskTracer, which was under the CALO
project, and it was very much the same in spirit to Zeitgeist (albeit
for Windows and a closed-source academic research project).
Nevertheless, many of the problems the Zeitgeist team are thinking
about have been thought about before, and it would likely behoove the
developers to check out some of the papers published about the project
(try a Google Scholar search for "TaskTracer")

The TaskTracer project tried to become commercialized as SmartDesktop,
but as far as I can tell that venture failed. While the GUIs produced
for the Gnome Activity Journal seem better that what Tasktracer had,
you may be able to learn from the algorithms created for learning
task-associations and predictions, and other things. If any academic
papers result from Zeitgeist, it may be useful to cite the TaskTracer
project, so others in the field know where to situate your work.

Cheers,

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman