gnome-zeitgeist-users team mailing list archive

Fwd: Patch to installation

2010/2/26 Mads Villadsen <maxx@xxxxxxxxx>:
> It appears that when running
>
>        setup.py install --skip-build
>
> translations and schemas won't get installed. If I run it without using
> --skip-build then translations and schema are installed. Is that to be
> expected?

I've never head about that --skip-build option (nor can I find
information about it), but I guess it is to be expected. The .mo and
.schemas files are generated at build time (from the .po and
.schemas.in files).

> And my plan for the shell script (which I have yet to do) was to
> dynamically replace the prefix at install time. But if you don't feel
> that is a good idea I will of course do something else.

Well, the same could be done with the gnome-activity-journal
executable directly. I'll look into this.

> If I put in /etc for the schema prefix then it ignores the --root prefix
> so that isn't a solution.

I see; that's indeed a problem. Have you tried with "../etc"?

> I'll figure something else out but this is
> potentially a problem as (if I recall correctly) GConf won't accept
> schemas in /usr by default.

By the way, Debian-based systems use /usr/share for GConf schemas
(/etc/gconf/schemas doesn't exist at all on my system), and if I
remember correctly the same is true for some RPM based distribution
(maybe SUSE? But in that case their build system has some retarded
script to move the file from etc/ to usr/share which breaks if the
file is already in usr/share by default...).

Cheers and thanks for your interest in Zeitgeist,

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3