gnome3-team team mailing list archive

Re: Gnome 3 PPA has broken gnome-session

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 00:26 -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> For about the past week now, gnome-session as packaged in the gnome 3
> PPA has been broken. I can still login to Gnome Shell but attempting
> to log in to Unity results in the message: Failed to load session
> "Ubuntu"  before returning to the login screen. The same thing happens
> when I try to login to Ubuntu Classic or Unity 2D.

yes, we need to re-enable some of the patches we have in gnome-session
package for this to work. This last couple of weeks I haven't had much
time to work on that, as natty bug fixing has precedence, but will do
ASAP. Of course, if someone does it before I get to it, I won't stop
him/her :-)

> This bug was also discussed on
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1718985 .
>
> I was able to workaround this by uninstalling gnome-session and
> reinstalling the version from the natty main repository, which seems
> to work just fine.
>
> By the way, it is unclear where Gnome 3 PPA bugs & wishlist requests
> should be reported.

this list is the place