gnome3-team team mailing list archive

Gnome Power Manager is broken in Gnome 3, won't start

Hi, I just installed Gnome 3 via the PPA and everything appears to be
working EXCEPT for the power manager. On boot it doesn't show up in the
system tray, and I get a little box that says that the power manager
crashed. It has a button that says "restart the application", but clicking
it does nothing.

Here's the output I get when I try to launch it from terminal:
http://pastebin.com/vbnmLMqH

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the gnome-power-manager package,
and I got a funky output on the install. This is what it looked like:
http://pastebin.com/CCkEsP7P

It looks like it's getting the right package from the PPA, but something is
obviously not going right.