gourmet team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #669971]: WIll GRM be moving away from Microsoft's GitHUB?

Question #669971 on Gourmet changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gourmet/+question/669971

Mark Preston confirmed that the question is solved:
My belief is that Microsoft's engineering standards, while universally
accepted by the public, should never have been so. This circumstance is
somewhat like the days of the dawn of electricity. Everybody had to have
it. But Edison wanted DC, that's an engineering mistake. MS is much the
same. Because it was sorta parta IBM, the business world adopted
Microsoft. Not out of understanding, out of conformity to IBM.

Yet, what advantage to those users of GitHub that it is owned elsewhere?
Probably little outward change. I still think MS will be using it to an
advantage wholly unrelated to the purpose of a software repository.

Mr. Hinkle, thank you for a response.

--
You received this question notification because your team Gourmet Recipe
Manager is an answer contact for Gourmet.