gourmet team mailing list archive

[Question #678095]: two bugs in Gourmet

New question #678095 on Gourmet:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gourmet/+question/678095

Running Gourmet 0.17.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.  Really like the program and have been using it for some time now, so feel comfortable with most of the features and operations.  That said, I've come across a couple of issues.

Issue #1 - when I enter an ingredient in the input field, if that ingredient starts with the letter 'a', when the ingredient is then added to the ingredient list, the leading 'a' is stripped off, and the quantity is pre-listed as '1'.  For example, if I enter 'apple juice', it shows up in the list as 'pple juice' with a quantity of one.

Issue #2 - I add several recipes to a shopping list. On reviewing the shopping list, I see that could have been combined were not - because their names aren't exact matches.  For instance, one recipe calls for 'flour, all purpose', and the other 'all-purpose flour'.  Well, I understand why they are listed separately in the shopping list at that point, but the problem then is as follows:  In order to 'normalize' ingredient names, I go back to the recipes and change the ingredient names to be the same - 'flour' and 'flour', for example.  The change is made in the recipe, but when I then delete and rebuild the shopping list, the ingredients there show up with their original - and different - names.  The only way I have found to correct this is to completely delete and re-enter a recipe.

--
You received this question notification because your team Gourmet Recipe
Manager is an answer contact for Gourmet.