gourmet team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #678095]: two bugs in Gourmet

Question #678095 on Gourmet changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gourmet/+question/678095

Harald Franzen proposed the following answer:
Hi Ed. I have the same setup.

The first behavior you are describing I cannot reproduce, so can't
really say anything about it.

The second issue, however is easily resolved, as Gourmet has functionality for it.
I run Gourmet in a Dutch environment, so I am translating things on the fly and my translations might be off, so bear with me.
Go to Settings --> Plugins.
Open the 3rd tab "Tools" and activate the option "keymanagement" (it is the 3rd from the top).
Close the window.
Open any recipe and click on "edit ingredients". On the left hand side, below "description" and "ingredients" there is now a tab named "ingredient keys". Click that.
You will now see the ingredients of that recipe and their keys. Those keys are the "normalized descriptions" you are talking about.
When you add a new ingredient (your "flour, all-purpose"), a new key is created, identical to the description of the ingredient.
Then you added another new ingredient ("all-purpose flour") which obtained a new key "all-purpose flour".
Although both ingredients are the same for humans, they are not for a computer.
Now lets fix this!
Close the recipe and go to the main Gourmet window. Click on "Tools" and then on "Ingredientkey-management".
If you now type "flour" in the search box, all ingredients with "flour" in their ingredient key will be listed and you can in one go normalize the ingredient key for all your "flour, all-purpose" and all other flours as well (so for example "whole grain flour").
Since now the keys are normalized (i.e. the same) for your all purpose flour, your shopping list will add them up, even if the ingredient itself has a different description. Note: the names shown on the shopping list are the keys, not the ingredients themselves.
Hopes this resolves your issue and answers your question!
Let us know!
Best,
Harald

--
You received this question notification because your team Gourmet Recipe
Manager is an answer contact for Gourmet.