graphics-drivers-testers team mailing list archive

Ubuntu 15.10 bug

Hello all,

I hope this is the right place to report a bug.  I found that on a fresh
Ubuntu install, trying to use the 352, 355, or 358 package all results in
some bugs that prevents Unity from logging in correctly.

In auth.log, I see errors:

/lib/security/pam_kwallet5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
/lib/security/pam_kwallet.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

Also, my pam_kwallet5.so is located in /lib/x86_64-linux-gpu/security,
while the error message is looking for it in /lib/security.

Other errors are in auth.log:

"Failed to activate service 'org.bluez': timed out.
"Rejected send message, 10 matched rules; (lots of stuff) /usr/sbin/dnsmasq
(lots of stuff) /usr/sbin/NetworkManager...

And in syslog, I see "dnsmasq owner not found on bus: Could not get owner
of name 'org.freedesktop/NetworkManager.dnsmasq': no such name

When I remove the 352, 355, or 358, the errors go away, and I can log in.
The problem doesn't happen if I just install nvidia-settings.  Only the
driver itself.  If it helps, I'm also running a dual device setup with an
nvidia card and an intel i915 card.

For now I was able to at least install the driver, then use nvidia-prime to
switch to my intel driver, then use the script in the NVIDIA getting
started guide to manually load the driver for use (for things such as
CUDA).  But I can't use current drivers to display.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Brad