[Question #83117]: Volatile comonent in name scheme

Hello,

This is just a curiosity question, for deciding a naming scheme, the doc suggests:

"Volatile path components should be kept as deep into the hierarchy as possible"

By volatile I am guessing in my case could be hostname, so the doc is suggesting instead of

host1.cpu.1minload_avg
host2.cpu.1minload_avg

we should have it as:

cpu.1minload_avg.host1
cpu.1minload_avg.host2

?  Is that the right interpretation?  If so, what is the reason behind? Regex performance?

Thanks,
Mark