[Question #94809]: Getting graphite packaged for ubuntu

New question #94809 on Graphite:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/graphite/+question/94809

Hi! I'm interested in using graphite for several projects. It looks great, thanks for making it!

I deploy on Ubuntu, and so would like to have graphite packages installable from the Ubuntu archive. I'm willing to do some work of packaging graphite if you're willing to make releases. I think this software is awesome, and more people should be using it. I'd also like to figure out how to get the rabbitMQ integration included with core graphite: http://somic.org/2009/05/21/graphite-rabbitmq-integration/

I've already packaged python-amqplib, so that dependency is taken care of, and it looks like most other dependencies like django and pycairo are already packaged for Ubuntu.

I see that whisper has it's own setup.py, and should probably be packaged into a python-whisper package on it's own. Would you be willing to:
a) add a whisper/LICENSE file containing the text of the apache license
b) make a tarball release of the whisper module and upload it to pypi.python.org?

>From there I can easily create a debian/ubuntu package for whisper, and work on getting it into Ubuntu.

Once that is done, then we could tackle packaging the rest of graphite. What do you think?