Re: Adding a rabbitMQ listener type to carbon, packaging, and the next release

On 12/31/2009 01:34 AM, Chris Davis wrote:
> Yes I think this is a great idea and I agree it should be an optional
> feature. If you're interested in working on this go for it by all means,
> though I'd recommend coordinating with Allan so we can end up with a
> single implementation that works for everyone.

Yep, that would be great! My colleague Lucio wrote up a carbon listener
that works with RabbitMQ also:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~lucio.torre/graphite/graphite-add-rabbitmq

Hopefully between Allan's branch and what Lucio has written we can get
RabbitMQ support finished pretty easily. Both Lucio and I are away on
holiday this week, but we're really interested in getting this work
done, and will be back next week.

I saw that you put a release of whisper up on pypi, thanks! I'll put
together an Ubuntu/Debian package for it and get it submitted to
Ubuntu/Debian.

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/