Re: [Question #99926]: gaps in graphs when viewing small time frames? Bug or User error?

AcidTonic is still having a problem:
Wait though..... I thought thats why carbon needed the time stamp? The
graphite page even somewhat advertises that as a feature for quickly
importing old data.

So I cant send data whenever I'd like as long as the time stamps match
up?

My understanding was the graphs would have a slight delay until the
remaining data got there but the order and delay didn't matter.

Am I confused or is this a bug of some sort? If data needs to come over
right away then why do I need the time? The receiving side should just stamp
the current time on it and store then?

That is less functional than what I was expecting. What are your thoughts? I
planned to gather data from machines like laptops not currently on the
corporate network and send it all once they reconnect filling in the gaps.
Sounds like that wont work now.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:03 AM, chrismd <question99926@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx