Re: [Question #99926]: gaps in graphs when viewing small time frames? Bug or User error?

AcidTonic gave more information on the question:
Can I reorganize .wsp files by moving them and sending data to the new
location?

Is there anything already developed around sorting incoming data in some
way....  Such as handling machines that move or change hostnames? I'd like
to move the data to the new spot when the hostname or ip changes. Honoring
the new hostnames regex in the schemas.conf. Data would be moved but reduced
to the precision of the new names schema match, then new data would go there
as usual as if it never moved.

I also wish to trap the create event so I can make django database rows for
the new device and trigger any alerts. I see I could use the api you sent
previously to recurse through the datapoints looking for new ones but it
would be much more efficient to be notified resource wise.

Any thoughts?