Re: [Question #101327]: Webapp not pulling data from remote backends

ZachG is still having a problem:
Chris,

I'm still a bit confused.  My config is now:

Relay Machine:
CARBONLINK_HOSTS = ["127.0.0.1:7002"]
CLUSTER_SERVERS = ["relay1.graphite.company.com", "localhost"]

Carbon Machine:
CARBONLINK_HOSTS = ["127.0.0.1:7002"]
CLUSTER_SERVERS = ["carbon1.graphite.company.com", "localhost"]

Both machines are running the webapp.  On the carbon machine the webapp
shows the local data.  On the relay machine it gives me nothing.  (For
now I get a complete view via the carbon machine.  I am, however,
intending on adding more carbon backends.)

I got the impression from the federated storage description on the
website that the webapp should be able to pull data from a different
machine.  In the situation you describe above, with two different carbon
backends and a webapp on each, shouldn't either webapp be able to pull
data from the other to get a complete view of the data?  If so, why
should a webapp thats on a relay machine not be able to show data from a
webapp on a carbon machine (or maybe it can and my settings are still
wrong?  Perhaps i need to specify a different port?  All webapps are
running via apache on port 80 )

Thanks again for any help you can provide!
-Zach