Re: [Question #103036]: All I see is lines...

Steve Keller confirmed that the question is solved:
Turns out that the webapp HAS to be at the root of the web server.
Since I am running in a  desktop VM that used only "localhost", doesn't
exist unless I am running the VM, I had tried to do the following in the
apache vhost file:

Alias /graphite /opt/graphite/webapp
<Directory /opt/graphite/webapp>
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>

<Location "/graphite">
        SetHandler python-program
        PythonPath "['/opt/graphite/webapp'] + sys.path"
        PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
        SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE graphite.settings
        PythonDebug Off
        PythonAutoReload Off
</Location>

All this without creating a virtual host for graphite, of course.

However, if I allow graphite to run at the root of the web server, then
everything works fine.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it all works now so I'm happy.  When I
install graphite on the monitoring systems, I will create a CNAME in DNS
and use the vhost approach.