Re: [Question #108391]: Can Graphite act as a data bus to spool events?

chrismd proposed the following answer:
I'm not sure I understand the situation 100% but I'll do my best. So you
want to send your datapoints to graphite and then pull them back out to
use them for something else, is that it? Is there a particular reason
you want to send them to graphite and then pull them back out of
graphite rather than simply sending them to both graphite and your other
intended destination in the first place?

If you have a substantial amount of data or if you need to get the data
back out in realtime I would recommend against polling Graphite with
rawData requests simply because of all the overhead. What you could do
instead would be to use an AMQP broker like rabbitMQ and configure
carbon to receive its datapoints over AMQP. This way you could have your
other application receive the exact same stream of data by binding to
the same exchange.