Re: [Question #109514]: Carbon data load problems

Steve Keller confirmed that the question is solved:
OK I solved this problem myself.

Turns out that carbon-cache.py closes the connection when it receives
badly formed input.  Some of our output is from experimental Nagios
plugins that have not gone through our extensive QA process (if you
believe that I've got a good line on some bridges for sale...)  So
whether output for a particular check gets inserted is dependent on when
Nagios scheduled the check and the number of checks that produce bogus
output during the same time frame.

So, as usual, this is user error.

HOWEVER - HINT HINT HINT - I think it would be better design for carbon
to throw away badly formed data, rather than just arbitrarily shutting
down the connection.  If this were receiving data from the wild wild
internet, I could understand this approach, but for a tool that is
managed by and for internal resources only, it could be a little more
discriminating.   Just a thought...

Anyway, thanks for this fabulous piece of software.  I'm sure I'll be
back with more questions - and soon!!!!