Re: [Question #114206]: Cluster servers - what am i doing wrong?

Steve Keller gave more information on the question:
OK, I understand now.

No, there are no entries in access.log from the graphite-dev server on
the graphite-dev2 server.  It seems you suspected that there were
firewall issues between the two hosts, I doubted this as the two servers
are VMs on the same Xen host.  (esmnagwest04.ea.com , CNAME entry for
virtual host grapite-dev.ea.com points to the same IP.
esmnagwest03.ea.com, CNAME entry for virtual host graphite-dev2.ea.com
points to same IP.)

In any case, I did a little test.

----------------------------
>From graphite-dev.ea.com:
----------------------------
[root@esmnagwest04 webapp]# wget "http://graphite-dev2.ea.com/metrics/find/?local=1&format=pickle&query=staging.*";
--11:45:51--  http://graphite-dev2.ea.com/metrics/find/?local=1&format=pickle&query=staging.*
Resolving graphite-dev2.ea.com... 10.30.203.18
Connecting to graphite-dev2.ea.com|10.30.203.18|:80... connected.
Length: unspecified [application/pickle]
Saving to: `index.html?local=1&format=pickle&query=staging.*'

    [ <=>
] 466         --.-K/s   in 0s

11:45:51 (88.9 MB/s) -
`index.html?local=1&format=pickle&query=staging.*' saved [466]

Access log on graphite-dev2.ea.com:
10.30.203.19 - - [14/Jun/2010:13:45:51 -0500] "GET /metrics/find/?local=1&format=pickle&query=staging.* HTTP/1.0" 200 466

So graphite-dev can access graphite-dev2.

Seems like there is some other configuration issue.  Maybe it has to do
with Django and Apache?  I'm guessing here, I have no experience with
nor knowledge of Django.

Thanks again for your help,

-Steve Keller