[Question #118380]: Whisper DB's not matching schemas, part deux

Hello, I have an issue with intervals not matching schemas, similar (but not identical) to question 114608.  Unfortunately, that question was self-answered and the solution was unclear to me.  I'm hoping to get some help to resolve the situation with our data intervals.

We have been up and running for months now with no issue.  Our data has been populating the DB's at 30-second intervals until I noticed that the intervals were changed to 60 seconds.  Our log (/opt/graphite/storage/log/carbon-cache/creates.log.2010_7_19) began reporting "new metric x.y.z matched schema default" instead of matching our other schemas.  There had been no changes to the storage-schemas.conf or any other settings (I know, but there has been NO changes!).  I have verified the data source and everything seems clean, at 30-second intervals.

So what could have happened and where should I look next to resolve this?  Thanks for your ideas and advice.