[Question #126700]: carbon-relay full HA setup

I am hoping to setup full HA on two servers but am unsure what should be in the relay-rules.conf file on each server.  The federated-storage works fine when I traverse the tree in graphite but the backend data is NOT being duplicated to each server.

Both are running an instance of carbon-cache and the webApp
Each has individual SAN storage
Each has the CLUSTER_SERVERS line in local_setting.py setup to point to itself and theotherguy
One mySql database is used for both servers
The default ports were changed in carbon.conf

We are hoping to have carbon-relay running on each server to send data to the other server but this is not working.  What am I missing or what should be turned on/off?

relay-rules.conf
# You must have exactly one section with 'default = true'
[default]
default = true
servers = servername01.my.company, servername02.my.company

I have read the previously posted documentation but still cannot get the data duplicated.